Harmac Medical Products is committed to pursue and achieve ongoing sustainability goals supporting the environment, the safety and wellness of our employees and the communities in which we work.
Sustainability Goals for 2013
- Achieve ISO 14001 certification at Harmac HQ in Buffalo, NY
- Replace street lights adjacent to facility with LED versions in coordination with the Town of Castlerea to decrease power usage
- Utilize Energy Monitoring System to inform, monitor, reduce and control the consumption of electricity per unit produced by 5% per year over the next 3 years in Castlerea Ireland facility.
- Energy Reduction
- Water Use Reduction
- Waste Reduction
- Workforce Wellness
- Workforce Injury / Illness Reduction
- Community Investment
- Utilize hydroelectric generated power for 10% of our needs at Harmac HQ in Buffalo, NY. September 2012
- Donate new fitness center to the Town of Castlerea for use by our employees and the town residents. June 2012
- 14001 certified in our Castlerea, Ireland facility - November 2011